|The Lord||1, 5, 16||3||I alway want to know the Lord is saying, or doing|
|The Ark||1, 7, 9, 13, 15, 17, 18, 23||8||5 times into the ark, 2 times the water: (bare up the ark and on the face of), 1 time who’s on the ark|
|Male and Female||2, 3, 9, 16||5||Take male and Female of each kind|
|Noah||1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23||12||Noah is commanded, has authority, doing something and is 600 years old(mentioned 2x)|
|Waters||6, 7 10, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21||9||water increased, prevailed, upward of 15 cubits, prevailed 150 days|
|commanded||5, 9, 16||3||The Lord commanded|
What is a Cubit?
- And the Lord said unto Noah,
- Come thou and all thy house into the ark;
- for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
- Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens,
- the male and his female:
- and of beasts that are not clean by two,
- the male and his female.
- Of fowls also of the air by sevens,
- the male and the female;
- to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
- For yet seven days, and
- I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights;
- and every living substance that I
- have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
- Noah did according unto all that the Lord commanded him.
- And Noah was six hundred years old
- when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
- And Noah went in,
- his sons,
- his wife,
- his sons’ wives
- into the ark
- because of the waters of the flood.
- Of clean beasts,
- of beasts that are not clean,
- of fowls,
- of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
- There went in two and two
- unto Noah into the ark,
- male and the female,
- as God had commanded Noah.
- And it came to pass after seven days,
- that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
- In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life,
- in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month,
- the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up,
- and the windows of heaven were opened.
- And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.
- In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth,
- the sons of Noah, and
- Noah’s wife, and the
- three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;
- They, and every beast after his kind,
- all the cattle after their kind,
- every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind,
- every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
- And they went in unto Noah
- into the ark,
- two and two of all flesh,
- wherein is the breath of life.
- they that went in,
- went in male and female of all flesh,
- as God had commanded him:
- and the Lord shut him in.
- 17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth;
- and the waters increased, and
- bare up the ark, and
- it was lift up above the earth.
- And the waters prevailed,
- and were increased greatly upon the earth;
- and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
- And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth;
- and all the high hills,
- that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
- Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
- And all flesh died that moved upon the earth,
- both of fowl, and of cattle,
- and of beast,
- and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth,
- and every man:
- All in whose nostrils was the breath of life,
- of all that was in the dry land, died.
- And every living substance was destroyed
- which was upon the face of the ground,
- both man, and
- cattle, and the
- creeping things, and the
- fowl of the heaven; and
- they were destroyed from the earth: and
- Noah only remained alive, and
- they that were with him in the ark.
- And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
Lovett, Tim. “A More Likely Cubit for Noah’s Ark?” WWF: Likely Cubit. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Nov. 2012. <http://www.worldwideflood.com/ark/noahs_cubit/cubit_paper.htm>.