First Let’s look at the Nature of angels and demons.
What do you know about angels? We should take a few minutes to know some of the attribute on angels.
|God’s Warriors & Messager||Psalms 103:20 Isa. 6:23|
|Desire fellowship & spiritual beings||Heb.1:14 Luke 24:39|
|Intelligent beings||1 Peter 1:12 Matt. 28:5|
|Limited Knowledge of things to come||Matt 24:36|
|Volition||2 Peter 2:4|
|Created spiritual beings||Neh. 9:6|
|Great Power||2 Peter 2:11|
|Angels have sin||2 Peter 2:4|
Who are demons?
We also need to know a little about demons and who they are. First they are fallen angels or evil angels who sinned against God 2 Peter 2:4 and Jude 6 . Satan is the head of all demons (1 Chr. 21:1) Satan is the originator of sin (2 Cor. 11:3). Finally we should read 1 Peter 5:8.
There are three Theories regarding the Nephilim you can choose one by looking them up yourself. I’m not going to tell you which one is better or that a theory is false. I think you should make your own choice. But I want you not to skip past these scriptures.
Do some research and choose a theory or make a new one on your own, but please use sound doctrine. Smarter men then me can’t agree.
Stages of Faith
I only want to mention James W. Fowler, “Stages of Faith” in particular, Stage 5 people reach this stage at mid-life and begin to realize the limits of logic and start to accept the paradoxes in life and that life is full of mystery (M. Scott Peck).
I’m going say this about:
Genesis God created each creature male and female in it’s own kind.
God created angels
He created Mankind
Angels are spirit
Angels are eternal
The Nephilim died
- When Human increase in number on the earth
- daughters were born
- the sons of God saw that
- saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful
- they married any of them they chose.
- The the Lord said
- My Spirit will not contend with humans forever
- for they are mortal
- their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
- The Nephilim were on the earth in those days and also afterward
- when the sons of God went to the daughters of human
- had children by them
- ere the heroes of old, men of renown
- The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become
- on the earth
- that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
- The Lord regretted that
- made human beings on the earth
- his heart was deeply troubled
- So the Lord said
- I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created
- and with them the animals the birds and
- the creatures that move along the ground
- for I regret that I have made them.”
- But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
- This is the account of Noah and his family.
- Noah was a righteous man
- blameless among the people of his time
- he walked faithfully with God.
- Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.
- Now the earth was
- corrupt in God’s sight
- and was full of violence.
- God saw how
- corrupt the earth had become
- people on earth had corrupted their ways.
- So God said to Noah
- I am going to put an end to all people
- or the earth is filled with violence because of them
- I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth
- So make yourself an ark of cypress wood;
- make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out.
- This is how you are to build it:
- The ark is to be three hundred cubits long
- fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.
- Make a roof for it
- leaving below the roof an opening one cubit
- high all around
- Put a door in the side of the ark
- make lower, middle and upper decks.
- I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth
- destroy all life under the heavens
- every creature that has the breath of life in it.
- Everything on earth will perish
- But I will establish my covenant with you
- and you will enter the ark
- you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you.
- You are to bring into the ark
- two of all living creatures,
- male and female,
- to keep them alive with you
- Two of every
- kind of bird,
- of every kind of animal
- of every kind of creature that moves along the ground
- will come to you to be kept alive.
- You are to take
- every kind of food that is to be eaten
- store it away as food for you and for them.”